Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Do Not Park Your Car In Front Of Bank

I received this from a friend of mine and would like to share it as a reminder to all of us.

I drove to Maybank Seapark branch PJ last Friday evening at about 5.30pm, 29 May 09. I was pleased to find a vacant bay just outside the bank. I parked my car and went to do some banking at the machines, then I walked cross to Watson to get some toiletries.

I came back to my car and noticed that the front right tyre was almost flat. Immediately I drove to the tyre shop nearby, which is about 100m away. I told the shop keeper I had a flat tyre. His prompt response: "Did you go to the bank?" He told me a few similar cases happened.

It was a clean cut on the side of the tyre, about 1 cm long. I guess these evil-doers' tactic is to follow my car (if I had not noticed the flat tyre) until I could not go further with the flat tyre. Then they would either rob me on the spot or force me to go back to the bank to withdraw
money for them.

This reminded me of another time when I also parked in front of a bank in Uptown, Damansara Utama,Petaling Jaya. I did not go to the bank that day. I had lunch with a friend near the bank. I sent her back to Taman Tun and came back home. One of the tyres was flat. There was a brand new nail stuck to the tyre. I suppose that evil person did not follow us as he noticed we did not go to the bank. Please be extremely careful when you go to the bank.

DON'T PARK NEAR THE BANK YOU ARE GOING TO - You don't know who is
watching you!!!

No comments: